Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) or prostatic enlargement is one of the growing medical concerns .It is the most common prostate problem in men over 50 years and Holep Surgery is the only remedy.
Patients with abnormally large prostate need no longer have an open surgery as prostate of any size can now be easily treated with Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate (HOLEP) technique. India’s leading urology and laparoscopy hospital’s chain, RG Stone Urology and Laparoscopy Hospital, Saidapet, introduced treatment of enlarged prostate through HOLEP. RG Stone has performed over 10,000 laser prostatectomies till date.
The enlarged prostate presses against the urethra and blocks the passage of urine. Its symptoms include urinary hesitancy, frequent urination especially during night, painful urination, weak urinary stream, abdominal straining while urinating, post-urination dribble, blood in the urine and bladder pain.”
This procedure takes about 45-90 minutes, depending upon the size of the gland. Holmium laser is used to remove the excessive prostatic tissue. It also has other advantages over open surgery such as short hospital stay, negligible blood loss and blood transfusion, no scar or risk of developing hernia, reduced possibility of contracting infection, and quicker recovery.
The procedure is safe for high risk people with diabetes, hypertension and heart disease. However, the cost is more or less the same as that of the conventional style of surgery. Prostate laser surgery is utilized to assuage direct to serious urinary indications caused by an expanded prostate, a condition known as favorable prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Amid Holep Surgery, your specialist embeds a degree through the tip of your penis into the tube that conveys pee from your bladder (urethra). The urethra is encompassed by the prostate. A laser is gone through the degree. The laser conveys vitality that is utilized to contract or to expel the abundance tissue that is hindering the urethra and anticipating pee stream.
All lasers use concentrated light to generate precise and intense heat. Laser surgery removes excess prostate tissue by:
- Ablation. The laser melts away excess tissue.
- Enucleation. The laser cuts away excess prostate tissue.
There are different types of prostate laser surgery, such as:
- Photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP). A laser is utilized to soften away (vaporize) overabundance prostate tissue to develop the urinary channel.
- Holmium laser removal of the prostate (HoLAP). This is a comparative technique to PVP, aside from that an alternate sort of laser is utilized to soften away (vaporize) the abundance prostate tissue.
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP). The laser is utilized to cut and evacuate the abundance tissue that is obstructing the urethra. Another instrument, called a morcellator, is then used to slash the prostate tissue into little pieces that are effortlessly expelled.
The kind of laser surgery your specialist will perform relies upon a few elements, including the span of your prostate, your wellbeing, the sort of laser gear accessible and your specialist’s preparation.
Cost of HOLEP Surgery in India
Cost Estimate of Laser Prostate Surgery cost in India, 5000 USD incorporate remain in a Private Room for particular number of days where a buddy can remain with the patient, specialist expense, drugs and consumables, nursing nurture the patient. More exact treatment cost assessments can be given if restorative reports are messaged to us or after the patient are inspected by specialists after landing in India and medicinal tests are finished.