Cellulitis is a common skin contagion happening in the deeper layers of the skin especially in changing season time. So today, we’re bringing an overview of common causes and symptoms of cellulitis as well as 10 tips how to take care of that naturally by using home remedies.
Cellulitis is a common bacterial skin infection that come from streptococcus and staphylococcus bacteria and can be triggered by another kinds of virus. In most cases, cellulitis mostly affects the surface of our skin, but it may affect the underlying tissues of our skin as well as cause infection. Some common symptoms of cellulitis infection you may suffer are shaking, dizziness, lightheadedness, warm skin, sweating, exhausted, ect. They also bring along with signs such as drowsiness, lethargy, blistering and red streaks. Cellulitis enables to recover in some days or weeks. In spite of short-time recovering, we shouldn’t look down on them and leave them untreated.
In spite of using medicines for treating, making it recover naturally is the best choice for health care. There’re 10 recommendations for home remedies for cellulitis that make you take it easy to treat safely and cost less than going to see doctor.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil has been used for thousand years of indigenous people because of its ability of anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. Tea tree oil is really useful home remedies for not only cellulitis treatment but also skin tags removal.
- Have a cotton swab moistened with water and then add some drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Put it over the infection skin
- Allow it to dry itself on in several hours before washing off.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also soothing for the sensitive skin and has healing properties due to containing medium-chain fatty and lauric acids. It is very beneficial for fighting the bacterial infections plus its healing properties help.
- Apply 2-3 drops of coconut oil over the infected area and leave for a few hours before rinsing it off.
- Repeat the remedy for a few times per day
Turmeric is one of the best powerful natural antiseptic and antibiotic for preventing and treating cellulitis. It includes curcumin – active ingredient which has anti-inflammatory ability. So it is always mentioned in the list of top home remedies for cellulitis.
- Mix one or two teaspoons of turmeric powder with a cup of milk, then boil it.
- Add a little honey in case it is quite hard to drink.
- Drink this mixture several times a day (1-2 times is best recommendation) until the infection disappears.
Garlic is a natural anti biotic that is considered best to fight off the infection and the anti-inflammatory properties of it helps in treating the inflammation.
- Eating 2-3 fresh raw garlic daily until you see improvement.
- In addition, you should make a paste of garlic and apply it over the infected areas.
Echinacea is a very beneficial herb that treats cellulitis. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antibiotic properties.
- Apply the Echinacea cream or gel over the affected areas.
- Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are rich in flavonoids that help in reducing pain and inflammation.
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in water for a few hours.
- Then use these seeds and grind them to make a paste
- Apply it over the infected area.
- Leave for a few hours and then rinse off.