Heating water requires huge amount of energy. In places across the globe, we see homes and businesses use energy that is generated from fossil fuels – gas and oil. Hot water is the lifeblood of manufacturing businesses and on the domestic front, life would be miserable without hot water.
Many homes use electricity to heat water which is the most expensive way to heat water. One best way to reduce energy costs and gain energy independence by not relying on fossil fuels would be to incorporate solar water heating technology.
Solar energy is one of the clean and renewable sources of energy. Solar water heaters use free heat from the sun to provide hot water. Solar water heaters are also known as solar hot water systems that have gained a lot of popularity recently. They are a cost effective and environment friendly option to heat water for domestic needs. Market Studies have shown that homeowners who have installed solar hot water systems have benefitted from their investment.
Benefits of Solar Water Heaters
- You will have hot water throughout the year. Solar heaters utilize natural free resource sunlight and this helps in saving electricity costs. As sunlight is free, you will have reduced energy bills with only initial installation charges to bear.
- It is a onetime investment that requires only basic fittings and they have long life hence giving value to your investment. Solar water heater can work trouble free for a period of over 20 years.
- These systems are easy to install and require very little maintenance. They have low maintenance costs.
- It is a free renewable and clean energy source. It is one of the safe and efficient ways to deliver hot water.
- Using solar energy helps reduce our dependence upon fossil fuels which pollute the environment while giving hot water. Power plants release carbon, particulates, mercury, heavy toxic metals while burning fossil fuel into the environment each year. These substances contaminate the water bodies like rivers, streams and lakes and affect human health.
- Many homes across the globe heat water with natural gas or fossil fuels. This results in emission of carbon into the atmosphere. Using solar water heater is a great way to fight climate change as it helps reduce carbon and other greenhouse emissions and protects our climate and environment.
- Use of solar water heaters in sunny and warm places is highly cost effective.
- It provides up to 80% of your hot water needs across the year and during summer months nearly all of your hot water needs are met by solar water heaters.
- They are efficient as 80% of sun`s radiation is converted into heat energy.
Solar Heaters in Dubai
With environmental awareness on the rise and clean energy hasreceived a big push in Dubai, consumers in Dubai are increasingly on the lookout for ways to reduce carbon emissions and add solar element in their household`s energy mix.
To buy solar water heaters in Dubai, ensure the company from where you buy should have obtained the commercial license for solar energy and solar thermal systems from the government of Dubai. It is important to check the quality and reputation of the installer and their proposed equipment.